The Two Minute Tasters project came from a wish to distil the best home-grown contemporary music into bite size pieces. Draw up a chair at our musical table and pick at the dishes, tapas-like, or feast on the full menu. A wide range of tastes and colours beckons.
The composers were given only three instructions:
- Keep the piece under two minutes (where we’ve gone over, it has usually been because of our decision to slow the pace)
- Stick to the list of instruments here
- Respond – if you wish – to one of the 5 images here
That’s it. No other constraints.
The chefs have done their work and we have toiled in the kitchen for your delectation. Bon appétit…
- Sounds: You can listen to short excerpts from each of the pieces via the iTunes widget above, which also links to the full album on iTunes.
- Videos: We have made videos of five of the pieces, and these are all viewable on our videos page.
- Details: You can also click on the composer’s name or photo for a link to the biog & programme note.
1. A Short Promenade – Robert Keeley
2. Break Out – Colin Riley
12. Overheard – Tim Cape
13. Eleven Pennine Landscapes – Peter McGarr
14. Amaranthine – Jason Frederick